Living and traveling overseas for ten years has taught me some lessons about myself and how to get things done (sometimes being okay with things not getting done or accepting you get what you get). In the last ten years, I have lived in two countries with completely different ways of living life (Morocco and Thailand). Both places have taught me lessons and humbled me (sometimes more times than I would have liked). Even though life overseas is not always as glamorous as you may think. It has provided me with memories and friends. One of the best things about living overseas is making friends with people you may not have been friends with if you stayed in the homeland. With that said one of the worst parts, is either you will leave or they will. This has provided me with one of the most rewarding parts of my life overseas, the chance to meet them either in their homes (or adopted homes) or on the road. The following list (in no particular order), is a list of my favorite memories from the last ten years.
10. Swimming with sharks and turtles in the Perhentian Islands.
9. Traveling overland from Ho Chi Minh City to Beijing.
8. Taking longer than advertised bus rides to amazing places in Indonesia.
7. Honeymooning in Sri Lanka.
6. Making use of Iceland Air’s extended stay.
5. Hiking Pico to Pico in Madeira.
4. Camel safari in Morocco.
3. Spending the Summer in the French Riviera.
2. Watching the sunset in Labuanbajo.
1.Visiting friends as I travel.